Flip chairs and folding mattresses are a popular option for people who don’t have a lot of space or who like the convenience of being able to turn one piece of furniture into two or three. But how do you find a balance between convenience and durability? This is where our four product reviews come into play.
We’ve highlighted the biggest factors you want to consider when you shop for your new folding mattress or flip chair in each review, and we also put together a buyer’s guide. You can take a look at both to see the options you have, brands, and what you want to consider.
The Four Best Flip Chairs or Folding Mattresses – Reviews
This folding mattress and soft has a durable cover that is suitable for use indoors and out, and this setup doubles as a sofa-style floor chair or a guest mattress. You can use this folding mattress as a portable cushion, mattress topper, or guest bed that conveniently folds up when you don’t need it. The bed comes with a three-year warranty, is machine washable, and it has the CertiPUR-US certification with an odorless design that is resistant to dust mites.
- Certified as safe for children to use
- Provides a comfortable sleeping experience with a lot of support
- Fabric cover is washable and durable
- Comes in inconsistent sizes in every order
- May be too firm for some people
- Couch is very short and not suitable for adults
This flip chair features a modern and stylish design that adds a functional but classic touch to any room, and this couch has ultra soft microsuede material that allows you to relax. This soft chair converts quickly and easily into a bed, and the chair has a study and durable steel frame that will last for years. You’ll get a high-quality density foam that adds resilience to this chair, and this foam will make it mold to your body.
- Very versatile and comfortable
- Has a high-density foam for excellent support
- Comes in several colors ranging from bright to timeless
- Sits extremely low to the floor
- Metal frame makes parts of the chair hard when you fold it out
You’ll use five adjustable positions with this chair, and it has non-slip feet that makes the chair more safe and sturdy when you choose to use it. The compact design that you get with this chair makes it excellent for smaller apartments, college dorms, or small houses. The simple and modern design fits into almost any decor, and you can use it as a chair, sofa, bed, or lounger just by unfolding it. The ultra suede material is soft to the touch but resistant to stains.
- Comes with non-slip feet for extra stability
- Folds out into several different shapes
- Has ultra suede material that is soft and lasting
- Comes with a shorter area when you fold it out
- Padding tends to fall quickly with repeated use
- Not soft enough for some people
This tri-fold folding mattress has a thick layer of foam that works to ensure you’re comfortable no matter how you set this sofa bed up. You’ll get high-density foam that doesn’t sag, and it’s lightweight and portable enough to transport and store when you’re not using it. The fabric is durable, easy to clean, breathable, resistant to stains, and it has an eye-catching blue color that is sure to fit into any decor.
- Has a very simple and straightforward design
- Quickly and easily folds out flat
- Fabric is a breathable and lightweight mesh
- May slide around the floor when you use it
- Can retain odors after repeated use
- May get hot in more humid environment
Flip Chair and Folding Mattress Buyer’s Guide
These two versatile pieces of furniture are handy in places where you have limited space. They fold up to a compact form when you don’t need them, but these chairs give you the option to fold them out in several forms when you have company over.
Tips for Choosing a Flip Chair or Folding Mattress
Finding the correct flip chair isn’t easy, but these considerations can help choose the perfect one for your situation. You want to look at:
- Size – Look at your available space and compare it to the chair or mattress’s dimensions. This will ensure you have space for it when you fold it up or unfold it.
- Ease of Cleaning – You’ll eventually spill something on your mattress or chair, and you want a fabric that is easy to clean. Ideally, it’ll have a removable cover.
- Weight – Since you’ll move this furniture quite a bit between folding and unfolding it, you want it to be lightweight. However, it should have enough padding to be comfortable.
- Design – Your product should offer maximum support, and this means it should have a decent level of padding. Additionally, your mattress or chair should fold up into multiple shapes without losing plushness.
- Quality – The quality will determine how long your new mattress or chair holds up against wear and tear. Little things like reinforced seams can make a huge difference.
Our top pick for the best flip chair or folding mattress is the Lucid LU04TTFSGF2 Folding Mattress and Sofa because it has an indoor and outdoor cover that is very easy to clean and maintain. We liked that each purchase came with a full three-year warranty, and it gives you a lot of support when you sleep on it.
We encourage you to take a look at all four of our products and see which ones will work best for your needs. Additionally, you can use our buyer’s guide as a reference point to help you narrow down your choices and make the best pick.