The Best Tattoo Power Supplies
If you are a tattoo artist, then you don’t need a reminder about how important it is to have a reliable and high-functioning power supply. Without a power supply, you can’t operate the tools you need to perform your work. It’s like the batteries in a remote control: a power supply is absolutely necessary.
If you are just starting out, it can help to have some guidance when choosing a power supply that meets your needs and specifications. Quality is absolutely important, and your want to make sure you get a unit you can rely on.
This Top 5 list will highlight a selection of high-quality power supplies for your tattooing needs. Each of these selections was chosen for qualities that each tattoo artist looks for in a reliable power supply. Take a look below to see why we chose these 5 power supplies.
Reviews of the Best Tattoo Power Supplies
1. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply
- Note: When you receive this power supply, should press the button 3-5 seconds to light on it. The Dragonhawk Mast rotary tattoo machine made of Space Aluminum frame and custom Mast motor. Length: 11.7CM. Weight: 120g.
- This Mast tattoo machine features a powerful custom motor and an advanced gear system that guarantees reliable, quiet operation without any vibration. The Mast machine has a working voltage of 6V–9V, ergonomic, lightweight pen-style machine. Pebble modeling.
Our first selection is not only a power supply, but a complete startup kit that includes everything you need for tattooing. The Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine is a gift box kit that supplies both the power supply and tattooing machine itself.
This unit comes equipped with sterilized cartridges, rotary tattoo pen and foot pedal so that you can get to work immediately. It’s compact design allows you to use it in almost any work space, and the power supply is compatible with other tattoo machines.
The constant stream of energy gives you a pristine and smooth experience that allows you to perform crisp and detailed work. It alleviates many distractions that come with tattoo work so that you can stay focused on the task at hand.
2. BRONC Professional Tattoo Power Supply
- [important] There is a screen film on the screen to protect the screen so you can peel the screen protector off from the screen then you will find there is no scratch on the screen.
- [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED] One Year WARRANTY for this Tattoo Power Supply Machine. [Convenient to carry] Lightweight, unit weight: 650g
This addition to the list gives you a number of feedback options so that you can accurately monitor your power supply. The Bronc Professional Tattoo Power Supply features high-visibility, blue lighting that displays your readings clearly and brightly.
This compact and lightweight supply is easy to transport with you to any location, and fits into almost any carry bag. It also holds a number of integrated and preset modes that you can switch from using the foot pedal. This allows you to easily adjust while continuing to work.
There are anti-overloading features that protect the health of the machine, preventing unexpected energy spikes. You can easily adjust the voltage output from 3 to 18 volts, and it is safe for outdoor and indoor use
3. BIOMASER HURRICANE Tattoo Power Supply
- This Hurricane Tattoo Power Supply is a full featured digital power supply unit which can sit on any desk or work station with adjustable base. The simple assembly and disassembly mode, easy to carry, lightweight and east to use.
- 【CREATIVE DESIGN】The digital ultra-bright LCD screen makes our digital tattoo power supply kit much easier. LCD display makes you more convenient with the tattoo work. And the tattoo supply is small, easy to carry and use. 2.3 amp built in overload protection.
The Biomaser Hurricane is another high-visibility addition to this list. The digital screen with vibrant blue lighting displays your output settings in an easy-to-see manner. It also comes with large operating buttons that ensure easy use that keeps you focused on your work.
The lightweight and compact nature of this machine makes it easy to transport and it is designed to work with rotary systems. It’s adjustable base allows you to use it in a variety of different work environments and stations.
This selection also allows you to store up to six, pre-saved power settings that you can easily navigate. You can use these settings on any compatible machine without worrying about those settings being lost.
4. One Tattoo World Tattoo Machine Power Supply
- DC POWER SUPPLY BOX: This power supply unit comes complete with 1 flat, stainless steel foot pedal, a blue LCD display to read out the voltage, 2 clip cords measuring 8’ to attach separate machines simultaneously, and 1 power cord. The red power supply box may work with rotary tattoo machines, tattoo guns, and other machines as well. This unit comes with all the parts you need to get tattooing.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: All of our tattooing tools are made with quality materials. We pride ourselves on creating professional-grade tattoo supplies for a fraction of the cost. With the help of this high-quality power supply machine, you’ll be able to create the tattoo you’ve always wanted from the comfort of your home. Our supplies will also work well in a professional tattooing establishment.
Our fourth selection blends vintage style with reliable power features in the One Tattoo World Tattoo Machine Power Supply. The front mounted dials and metal box frame really give it that old-school feel that screams of nostalgia.
The LCD monitor distinctly displays your power output, so you can read it without taking away from your work. It comes with the unique quality to charge to machines at once, delivering reliable power and efficiency in one machine. It even comes with two clip cords so that you can charge two machines at once.
This power supply comes with a foot pedal that allows you to control the system without distracting you from your work. It is designed with stainless for long-lasting and consistent use, giving it sense of old-school reliability.
Another nice feature to this supply is that you have the option to accommodate voltage levels in other countries. With a 110/220 selector switch, you can easily switch to work with international voltage settings.
5. HoriKing Colorful Tattoo Power Supply
- Advanced digital micro-processor controlled unit.
- Choice of voltage increments: .1v, .2v, .5v,precision regulated voltage output 0-18v
The last selection on this list is the Horiking Power Supply, which is well-known for it’s compact size. It’s magnetic base ensures a secure placement on any metal surface, and the machine includes silicone grips for use on non-metallic surfaces.
This machine is highly durable, manufactured with CNC-machined anodized aluminum. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor work, and even work well in harsh environments like industrial spaces.
This supply is compatible with both rotary and coil machines, and the rotary knob allows you to easily switch the machine on and off and adjust voltage. With the addition of a foot pedal, you can choose between preset and momentary power settings.
Things To Consider
This particular selection of power supplies were chosen because they offer features that tattoo artist needs perform at a high level. Many of these selections involve high-visibility and easy-to-read information that you don’t need to focus on to read them well.
In addition, these supplies also have a long track record of stable and effortless use, which keeps artist from needing to focus on readjusting and fixing errors. You also want to make sure that the power supply you buy matches the tools you are using. Failing to do so could waste you a lot of time and money.
While appearance doesn’t directly relate to the operating features of a power supply, it is important that your work space is attractive to new and returning clients. Having a power supply that fits the decor of your work space can really add a nice touch that make you and your clients feel comfortable.
These power supplies all offer the power and reliability you need to power your tattoo artistry. However, you want a power supply that gives you the greatest ability to maintain your work without distraction or worry.
We feel that the Biomaser Hurricane really does the trick when it comes to reliability and easy operation. The brilliant information display allows you easy monitoring of your power settings, and with the inclusion of pre-saved power settings, The Biomaser is a wise choice for your power supply.
The proper power supply can make all the difference between your success or failure as a tattoo artist. You don’t want to be caught without the necessary power you need to complete your work, and poor power can lead to angry customers.
These power supplies fortunately supply the juice you need to keep your work at a top-notch level. Whether you select our top recommendation or choose another selection on this list, we hope this review gave you the insight you need to ensure a high level of quality with your tattoo artwork.