Top 5 Best Waterproof Camping Tents
Are you planning your next camping trip? Have you thought about the importance of a waterproof tent to protect you and your family from unforeseen weather during your camping trip? You have come to the right campsite!
Set up camp with us and learn about the top 5 best waterproof camping tents. Each has its own perks and qualities that distinguish themselves from one another. Well you can plan a camping trip months in advance, you cannot predict when rain comes. Keep you and your family protected with a waterproof camping tent.
We hope you and your family will be satisfied with one of the waterproof tents on this top 5 list so that you can all enjoy your next camping trip!
The NTK company has been in business for 43 years and has polish the reputation throughout 27 countries. This tent can fit up to 8 to 9 people. With an E-port, everyone will surely be busy taking turns charging their phones.
With two D-shapes zip doors on either side of the tent, your big family can exit their side of the tent without disturbing others on the opposing side. Mosquito mesh on one of the doors repels the pests away from your tent and protects your family.
Able to fit up to 3 double mattresses and two twin mattresses, everyone can have their own sleeping space. Let’s just hope one of your family members doesn’t roll around too much in his or her sleep, if the tent is at full capacity!
- Has 250 mm hydrostatic waterproof coating to keep water out of the tent during floods and rain storms.
- Spacious tent that fits bigger families.
- Two doors for multiple entry and exit ways.
- If mattresses placed at full capacity, could be more difficult to exit tent.
Take the annoying guess work out of setting up a tent. With Insta-Clip technology, the Coleman Dome Tent for 8 people can be easily set up in 15 minutes max! Enjoy a screen room where you can enjoy the sounds and smells of nature during the day while also staying protected from bugs and mosquitos. At night, it provides great space for additional sleeping areas if needed. Two queen mattresses can fit in this tent for optimal sleep space.
Customize your sleeping arrangements with smaller sleep mattresses and/or sleeping bags. With a variety of WeatherTec features, you and your family will be protected from inclement weather that may arise during the night.
- The zipper cuff is weather resistant to keep out rain when you are inside your tent.
- When you have to run inside your tent during a storm, enjoy waterproof floors that’ll dry quickly after you zip up your tent.
- Frames and poles on the design are wind resistant to hold up your tent during storms.
- Only a 1 year warranty available from Coleman.
So this tent sets up in 60 seconds? According to the manufacturer, yes it does! The poles are already assembled into place and all you have to fashion the tent into its proper shape, make sure the frames are secure, and set up camp!
The dark room technology distinguishes this Coleman Cabin Tent for a family of 4 from the other tents on this list. Any time during the day or night, 90% of light can be blocked out of the tent and temperature increases are reduced by 10% to keep you and your family cool and well rested.
Just like it’s 8 person counterpart, the Coleman Cabin Tent for 4 also has WeatherTec features to keep your family dry during your trip. When your camping adventure is all finished, disassemble your tent in one minute tops and you can store it in the provided carrying bag for easy transport in the car and convenient storage at home until the next use.
- Dark room technology for optimal sleeping and temperature regulation
- WeatherTec features such as inverted seams and welded corners to keep rain out.
- Fabric is doubly thick to protect your family from nature’s elements.
- Only a 1 year limited warranty like the Coleman 8 person tent when could be longer.
You can feel right at home in this cabin sized Eureka Copper Canyon tent. Fit up to four people inside this tent for your camping expedition! The bathtub style floor goes up the sides of the tent to maintain its waterproof abilities. This type of floor also allows you to mix or match having cots and/or sleeping bags as your sleeping areas.
The durable fiberglass framework will stand up to storms along with the sleeved poles and ring and pin assembly capabilities to keep the tent sturdily rooted to the ground. Even during a rainy storm, you can still safely charge devices with a built-in E-port cord.
- The floor style keeps floors dry and temperature regulated.
- Optimal vertical space allows for cots to be placed in the tent.
- Mesh overhead storage option to keep personal effects within reach without cluttering the tent’s floor
- Only for 3 seasons out the year.
- Tent does not hold up in wintry conditions.
While the MSR Hubba Hubba NX holds the least amount of people (which is 2) in our top 5 list, it is still one of the best waterproof tents, especially because it can be used for rigorous backpacking trips.
This tent is already waterproof. However, you have the option to purchase the variety with Xtreme Waterproof Coating for extra protection from rain and other torrential elements.
- Has a 3-year limited warranty which is more time than some other tent manufacturers.
- Option for Xtreme Waterproof Coating or take the one with regular waterproof protection.
- Can unroll top of tent for stargazing. Beautiful!
- Only 2 people with one sleeping bag each can fit inside.
- Sleeping in close quarters if 2 people are on the trip.
Whatever waterproof tent you choose for your next camping trip with your family, make sure it has the features and weather protection abilities that you desire. Many of the tents on our top 5 list have similarities such as mesh pocket storage and E-port capabilities.
We recommend the NTK Laredo 10-15 Foot Sport Tent. It’s tall enough to comfortably fit the tallest of individuals who want to go camping. It can fit parties of up to 8-9 people. NTK is a well renowned brand that has been making high-quality tents for over four decades, so you can trust the durability and waterproof features of this tent!
Be mindful of your needs and conduct your research accordingly before making a final purchase decision! Happy camping, nature enthusiasts!